What is KonDATA?
KonDATA is the research data repository of the University of Konstanz. This service offered by KIM provides you with the simple and convenient option of publishing your research data in a way that is visible and citable in the long term.
The publication of research data is becoming increasingly important due to the change in mentality towards Open Science. Third-party funders and research sponsors are also increasingly obliging people to publish data in a way that is accessible to the general public. There may be reasons to publish the data in an institutional repository of the institution where you do your research. You can use KonDATA for this. We guarantee long-term storage of the data and contact persons directly on site. Your data will be made available to the public in the long term and citable, archived and placed under an open licence, thanks to which you as the author retain full rights over your data. In KonDATA, users can search the database, download data and use it for their own research projects. This increases the visibility of your data.
What features does KonDATA offer?
- All published data are given a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). This allows them to be uniquely identified and cited globally.
- By publishing your data on KonDATA, you can meet the data publication requirements of various research funding bodies.
- Information on your data is transferred via standardised interfaces to RADAR, a provider of scientific repositories, and other meta-search engines. This means they can also be found outside KonDATA.
- Your data is physically stored on local servers at the University of Konstanz.
- You can submit your data with an embargo function and publish it on a delayed basis.
- When publishing data, we perform a formal curation. This ensures that your data is described according to common standards and is thus comprehensible for subsequent users.
- We are happy to advise you on how to prepare the content of your data.
How can you use KonDATA?
- To search for data, you can visit the KonDATA website and use the search function.
- If you would like to publish data yourself, contact the KonDATA team. We will be happy to advise and support you in publishing and curating your data.
- KonDATA is used via an intuitive web interface.
- You do not need an additional account for KonDATA. You can use the service with your university ID.
Who can help you with KonDATA?
KonDATA is operated by KIM and managed by the Team Open Science. The colleagues from the Open Science team are available to answer all your questions about KonDATA, publication and the management of research data.