The project bw2FDM is structured in four areas:
- Coordination of the cross-sectional topics of the four Science Data Centers (SDC) in Baden-Württemberg.
- Further development of the information platform forschungsdaten.info
- Advice and training in the field of research data management
- Planning and carrying out the e-science conference “E-Science Tage”.
One aim of the project is to assist the SDCs with building up the centres as well as with addressing joint questions. This includes activities to promote the network between the SDCs, link them to the project bwHPC-S5 and increase their visibility for research communities in Germany and Europe. bw2FDM complements the SDCs’ activities especially by establishing working groups for cross-sectional topics, for example, legal questions, the external presentation, business models, meta data as well as training.
In addition to this, bw2FDM will advance the information platform forschungsdaten.info. This platform is the leading German language information source for all questions related to research data management (RDM) with RDM-specialists from the entire German-speaking area working together as editors. During the project phase, the information platform was evaluated. The research areas will be expanded and additional initiatives will have the opportunity to present themselves in the section on RDM in the German-speaking area.
The project offers trainings and webinars, and training material is provided as open educational resources on forschungsdaten.info. Networking and outreach during conferences and in publications ensures the activities' visibility. The Software Research Data Management Organiser (RDMO) provided under rdmo.forschungsdaten.info will be expanded for compiling data management plans.
bw2FDM also organizes the conference “E-Science-Tage” 2021 and 2023 and thereby supports the nationwide exchange of knowledge and experiences related to research data management. The results and presentations will be made available as open access publications.
- KIT library
- Communication, Information, Media Centre (KIM) at the University of Konstanz
- University computing centre at the University of Heidelberg
01 May 2019 – 30 April 2023
Contacts at the University of Konstanz
- Livia Gertis, +49 7531 88-3224 email
- Maximilian Heber, +49 7531 88-4226 email
- Matthias Landwehr, +49 7531 88-2551 email
Ministry of Science, Research and the Arts Baden-Württemberg