Welcome to the University of Konstanz!
The Communication, Information, Media Centre (KIM) is the university's central service provider for IT and library services. We can assist you with any questions you have about using the library, researching literature and accessing university IT.
You can use any of our work spaces, outfitted with the latest IT infrastructure, around the clock.
In order to help you get oriented and find your way more quickly, we have put together the most important information for your start in Konstanz:
Introduction to the library 2019/2020
daily at 12:00 o'clock
Monday, 14.10. in A 703
Tuesday, 15.10. in A 701
Wednesday, 16.10. in A 703
Thursday, 17.10. in A 702
Friday, 18.10. in A 704
Monday, 21.10. - Friday, 25.10., in the training area in the Information Centre of the Library (B 420)
Duration: approx. 1 hour.
Further library courses
- Library Catalogues - Local Catalogue and KonSearch
29.10.19 at 17 o'clock in BS 217
- All in one hour - the services of the KIM
05.11.19 at 17 o'clock in the training zone in the information centre of the library (B 420)
- Literature management programs Citavi and EndNote
Citavi: 19.11.19 at 17 o'clock in J 213
Endnote: 20.11.19 at 17 o'clock in J 213
What do I absolutely need to do?
Change the password for my university account
You have automatically been given a university account where you can read emails from the university.
You were sent an initial password along with your other information from the university. Please change your password right away via the user manager!
Your university account is used for a wide variety of university services:
- University email (Important: the university will always send emails to this account only.)
- ILIAS log-in
- WiFi/WLAN connection
- any universitiy services (ZEuS etc.)
Set up my WiFi/WLAN connection
Create a PIN for library self check-out
Your student ID card is also your library card. You will also need a password to reserve books, access your library account and order books on interlibrary loan. For students, the password is the same as your university account password.
You will need to create a PIN number in order to use the self check-out stations in the entrance area to the Library Information Centre. Just log into your library account to do so.
Read more about everything you need to know about borrowing and returning media.
Activate my card to print, copy and scan
Other important links
- The university’s electronic learning platform provides you with material for your courses.
- Search for literature
- Our homepage connects you to our Local Catalogue and the KonSearch literature search engine, which you can use, not only to find printed works in the library, but also to read entire texts in e-books and e-journals.
- Courses and training
- KIM provides a range of introductory courses about searching for literature and on IT topics.
- KIM Library and IT Support
- Do you have library-related or IT questions? Our experts in the Library Information Centre are here for you!