- 19 June - end 2017
- Relocation of the library media began on 19 June and will probably be finished by the end of 2017. All media stored in the external depot are moved back to campus to rejoin the collections housed there.
- 22 - 26 May
- The semester reserve shelf office moves from J 401 to BH 300, including the semester reserve shelves.
- 16 May
- Book area BG opens.
- 23 January
- Official opening of the new dedicated parent-child area in the library café managed by Seezeit, the Library and the Office for Equal Opportunity, Family Affairs and Diversity.
- 9 November
- The law collections housed in the external depot return to the campus.
- 17 October
- Opening of the new reading room between book areas BS and BG on level 6. The new reading room has space for 60 individual users, providing perfect conditions for uninterrupted, calm, concentrated and quiet work.
- September - October
- New carpets are laid in book area N, on level 4 and on the stairs in book area J. Book area N receives a new staff counter as well as new sockets.
- 30 May
- The KIM homepage appears in the new corporate design for the first time.
- 25 - 30 May
- Migration of the entire Libero system to a new OCSL server, causing interruptions to regular library operations.
- 1 April
- All old printers and copying machines on campus are removed and new ones installed.
- 18 March
- The first part of the items stored in the external depot returns to book area BS, the library information centre and book area BJ. The rest followed once reconstruction work in book area BG was finished in 2017.