The Communication, Information and Media Centre (KIM) offers services in the accessible library and is happy to support you.
You can obtain advice and assistance from the KIM Support in the Information Center.
Entrance to the Library
The library is located in the centre of the university.
- Information Center with the central advice centres and the book areas BS, BG and J:
Access via building B, level 4.
- Book Department Natural Sciences:
Access via building N, level 6
The entrances to the library and the various floors within the buildings are all accessible by elevators.
Loan and return
In the Information Center (B4) there is a self lending station at a low height, suitable for weelchair users.
Also the return machines in front of the main entrance of the library are designed low.
Computer working place for blind and visually impaired persons
The workplace is available to all persons who need this special equipment. Blind and visually handicapped persons always have priority.
VISIO 500 screen reader
- The "VISIO 500" (description in german) screen reader is very easy to use and can be used by anyone who wants to enlarge a paper template. Just switch it on and get started. Registration is not necessary. A reservation calendar is available.
- If the "VISIO 500" is used in conjunction with the "COBRA software on the PC next door, a split screen function is possible.
Workstation with enlargement software including voice output and Braille line control
- Software "COBRA" (in german)
- Braille display "Vario 340"
- To use the "Workstation with enlargement software including voice output and Braille line control" please contact the media library counter.
Advice and assistance are available in the media library:
E-mail or telephone: +49 7531 88-2831
Location for a wheelchair-accessible copier and printer: J 4 in the copying room
With all Canon machines, the control panel can be pulled out to the front and folded down so that it can be used from the wheelchair.
Lockable book trolleys and lockers
Locations for handicapped accessible toilets:
- BS 2 and BS 3
- J 4
- N 7