Fees and reminders
Costs for a library card
The library card is free of charge for students and staff of the University of Konstanz. Uni-Card and staff card are also library cards. Readers who do not belong to the university pay a fee for a library card:
- Annual fee: 30,00 Euro
- Monthly fee: 10,00 Euro
- Individual lending fee: The library card is free of charge, 3.00 Euro per medium is charged.
Free of charge:
- Pupils (presentation of student ID)
- Students from other universities (presentation of student ID)
- Trainees (presentation of contract)
- Recipients of unemployment benefits I and II or social assistance and comparable social benefits
- Members of "Verein der Ehemaligen der Universität Konstanz (VEUK)"
- other persons with a particularly close relationship to the University (guest lecturers, research fellows, members of the "Internationale Bodensee-Hochschule")
You have one week time to return the media after receiving the free return request. Thereafter reminder fees will be charged.
|Reminder level||fee in Euro|
|2nd level||+ 5,00|
|3rd level||+ 10,00|
If you do not return the medium even after the 3rd reminder, we will provide a replacement copy at your expense. In addition a processing fee of 20.00 € will be charged. The user service helps with questions to:
- User account
- Fees and reminders
- Loss or damage of borrowed media
Sub-borrowings from semester reserve and intermediate borrowings from handsets are subject to high excess fees:
- 3,00 Euro for every opening day and borrowed unit
- additional reminder fee
- no return request free of charge, no renewal.
You will receive a payment reminder if you haven't paid within 30 days and the charges exceed a total of 10 € .
The reminder will be sent by post and invoiced with a postage replacement fee of 0.70 €.
Students and external students will be blocked from borrowing from a total of 25.- €.
lockers and lockable book trolleys
Lockers within the library are available to students during the first week of lectures of each semester. The issue is handled by KIM-Beratung.
Students with severe disabilities as well as doctoral students can apply for a lockable book trolley at the KIM-Beratung.
An usage fee of 10.00 euros is charged for lockable book trolleys and lockers.
- Cash payment or payment by EC card at the "Loan service" counter (Mon - Fri: 8 am - 5 pm)
- Bank transfer to the account of the university
- Online payment with MasterCard, Visa or Electronic Debit (DE) via service function "Library account".
Reciever: Universitätskasse Konstanz
Bank Instituion: BW-Bank Konstanz
IBAN: DE92 6005 0101 7486 5012 74
BIC: SOLA DE ST
Please always list your library card number (matriculation number 01/..., staff number 03/... or external card number 05/...) when making the transfer and the following number 230100000434.