Setup of the VPN Remote-Access with Mac OS X
This manual will describe in detail and utilizing illustrations how to set up a secured connection to the intranet of the University of Konstanz. The manual refers to Mac OS X 10.10 (Yosemite), but can be applied - with some small optical differences - to other Mac OS X versions (10.9 or higher).
- a fully-secured computer
- a valid Uni Konstanz account
1. Downloading and installing AnyConnect
- Download the AnyConnect installation file from here.
- Open the file. A new harddrive will appear on your desktop. It contains the AnyConnect.pkg. Clicking the .pkg file opens the installation dialogue.
- Select "Macintosh HD" as target harddrive.
- Uncheck the fields Web Security and Posture. After clicking Continue, the installation is done.
2. Starting Cisco AnyConnect Secure Mobility Client
- Now, start the AnyConnect Client.
- Tip 1: The fastest way to start the client is by hitting CMD+spacebar and typing Cisco into the search bar. Afterwards, select Secure Mobility Client.
- Tip 2: Tip the AnyConnect icon in your dock with two finger, when the client is opened in order to get faster access to the VPN client through checking Options → Keep in doc.
3. Inserting the server address
- Insert the server address vpn.uni-konstanz.de into the input field of the client.
- Afterwards, click on Connect.
4. Inserting your credentials
- Your username is your mail-account and usually consists of FirstName.LastNam
- Enter the corresponding password of your mail-account as the password.
- Afterwards, hit OK.
5. Accepting the confimation banner
- After a successful connection, a welcome banner appears. Click on Accept..
- The VPN connection is now established.
- In order to close the VPN connection, you simply have to click on Disconnect