The following instructions are for users with a working GNU/Linux PC. Connect the network cable to the LAN port of your computer. Your network manager (Gnome or KDE) should automatically open the following window. Enter the following data:
- Authentication: Tunneled TLS
- Anonymous identity: email@example.com
- CA certificate /etc/ssl/certs/deutsche-telekom-root-ca-2.pem
- Internal authentication: MSCHAPv2
- User name: <firstname.lastname>
- Password: **********
Confirm your changes and close the window. You should now be able to connect to the University of Konstanz's LAN network. Further information on the 802.1x standard used at the University of Konstanz is available on the following Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IEEE_802.1X.