You will learn how to create templates, how to edit paragraphs, headers and numbering, how to automatically generate running titles and indexes and how to automatically caption images, tables etc.
The aim of this course is to create a pre-formatted Word template that you can use for your future academic papers.
We use Windows and MS Office 2013. The knowledge you acquire in this course will also be useful to you when working with other operating systems or Office applications, including e.g. Open Office, Libre Office, Mac Office.
- Creating and maintaining templates
- Correctly handling sections and line breaks
- Templates (headers with automatic structuring etc.)
- Inserting objects (e.g. images, tables etc.)
- Managing indexes (e.g. table of content, list of illustrations etc.)
- Navigation and cross-referencing